STEERING COMMITTEE NOMINATIONS
The Denton County Homeless Coalition accepts nominations annually in October.
If you are interested in joining this work group or would like to nominate someone, please complete the online Nomination Form. (October 2017)
Steering Committee is 20 elected seats focusing on the factors that create homelessness and the supports available.
Commitment and requirements:
- Steering committee member term is 2 years. Elections are annual.
- Chair 1 year term elected annually. Chair must be an elected member of the Steering Committee.
- Appointed Positions are 1 year Terms
- Member must fit in one of the available slots by related work or personal affiliation
- Steering committee member and/or chair must commit to being active and present in the DCHC and its activities
- Attend a monthly steering committee meeting on the last Wednesday of each month from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Attend General Body Meetings on the First Wednesday of Even numbered months 3:00 p.m. -5:00 p.m.
AFFILIATION REPRESENTATIVE: NAME, TERM
Positions up for election italics.
update coming October, 2017
APPOINTED BY STEERING COMMITTEE
General body approval process:
- Distribute nomination/volunteer forms in October
- Electronic ballot by email in November
- New committee starts in December and elects new chair for steering committee
NOMINATE ONLINE – Nomination Form (October 2017)
Elections will be held November 2017.