STEERING COMMITTEE NOMINATIONS
The Denton County Homeless Coalition accepts nominations annually.
If you are interested in joining this work group or would like to nominate someone, please complete the online Nomination Form (coming October, 2018).
Steering Committee is 20 elected seats focusing on the factors that create homelessness and the supports available.
Commitment and requirements:
- Steering committee member term is 2 years. Elections are annual.
- Chair 1 year term elected annually. Chair must be an elected member of the Steering Committee.
- Appointed Positions are 1 year Terms
- Member must fit in one of the available slots by related work or personal affiliation
- Steering committee member and/or chair must commit to being active and present in the DCHC and its activities
- Attend a monthly steering committee meeting on the last Wednesday of each month from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Attend General Body Meetings quarterly 3:00 p.m. -5:00 p.m.
AFFILIATION REPRESENTATIVE: TERM, NAME*, AGENCY (*Alpha by last name)
Positions up for election italics.
2018 Daphne’ Adams CCA
2019 Jennifer Bekker City of Denton
2018 Donna Bloom Denton County Friends of the Family
2019 Hope Nordon, Giving Hope, Inc.
2019 Roxanne Del Rio North Central Texas College
2018 Leigh Duncan-Timm AbleDisabled
2018 Dr. Mary Jones Board Member DAHC, CHAIR
2019 Dawn Shapley, Valley Creek Church
2019 Alice Masciarelli Denton Community Health Clinic
2018 Jordan McCarty DC MHMR
EMERGENCY SERVICES – (Police, Fire)
2019 Frank Padgett City of Denton Police Department
2018 Jessica Pool Journey to Dream
2019 Chris Marchbanks, Goodwill industries of Fort Worth
2018 Ginger Simonson Denton County Military Veteran Peer Network
2018 Mary Wilson
APPOINTED BY STEERING COMMITTEE
Appointed: Brittni Barnett Town of Flower Mound, (HUD Funded City)
Appointed: Sarah Carroll City of Frisco, (HUD Funded City)
Appointed: Katie Chapman, Giving Hope, Inc. (PIT Count Chair)
Appointed: Courtney Cross United Way of Denton County, Inc. (DCHLT)
Appointed: Ashleigh Feryan City of Lewisville, (HUD Funded City)
Appointed: Katherine Gonzales United Way of Denton County, Inc. (HMIS)
Appointed: Danielle Shaw City of Denton, (HUD Funded City)
General body approval process:
- Distribute nomination/volunteer forms in October
- Electronic ballot by email in November
- New committee starts in December and elects new chair for steering committee
NOMINATE ONLINE – Nomination Form – Closed
Election Date: Dec, 2018.