The Denton County Homeless Coalition (DCHC) seeks to promote a community-wide commitment to the goal of making homelessness RARE, BRIEF and NON-RECURRING through coordinated services delivered to those experiencing and those at risk of homelessness.
The coalition is composed of representatives from non-profit agencies, Denton County cities, school district and other engaged stakeholders. Our commitment guides us to connect community resources and encourage innovations for continuous improvement. The coalition works with the lead entity for the Continuum of Care (CoC) planning process, the Texas Homeless Network (THN) in a collaboration known as the CoC Balance of State. DCHC implements CoC strategies in Denton County as well as coordinates homeless funding opportunities like the Emergency Solutions Grant and initiatives related to Denton County like those of our partner, the Denton County Homeless Leadership Team. The DCHC general membership body, led by its elected leadership steering committee, uses information identified by its service providers and the annual Point-in-Time Homeless Count to review and approve goals for the provision of services; update priority services and service populations; and identify gaps in service, changes in services offered, and populations served.
2023 Meetings: All meetings open to the public and held at 9am, on the last Wednesday of the month
- March 29th Giving Grace @ Serve Denton
- April 26th Next Steps Center in Lewisville
- May 31st Giving Grace @ Serve Denton
- June 28th Next Steps Center in Lewisville
- July 26th Giving Grace @ Serve Denton
- August 30th Next Steps Center in Lewisville
- September 27th Giving Grace @ Serve Denton
- October 25th Next Steps Center in Lewisville
- November 28th Giving Grace @ Serve Denton (Final meeting of the year)