Assistance is available as summer heat quickly rises to the triple digits. Water, cooling stations, and shelter are available for those who need a place to escape the extreme heat.
Monsignor King Outreach Center – 300 S. Woodrow Ln., Denton, TX 76205 (940) 391-1919
- Shelter open Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday night. Dinner is served Tuesday night only.
- Shelter is also open at 6:30 p.m. on nights when temperatures fall to 32 or below or rises to 100 or above
Our Daily Bread – 300 W. Oak St., Suite # 100, Denton, TX 76201 (940) 765-7607
- Breakfast is served 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Monday through Saturday
- Lunch is served 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Monday through Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday
- Monday evening dinner is served 5:30 p.m. to 6:30p.m..
Water is available at all times.
Salvation Army Denton – 1508 E. McKinney St., Denton, TX 76209 (940) 566-3800
- Shelter overnight daily 5 p.m. to 7a.m.
- Cooling and Water Station Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 5 to 9 p.m.
City of Denton Public Facilities –
• Recreation Centers, Civic Center, Senior Center, Libraries, and Fire Stations are air conditioned and allow access during normal operating hours.*
* Hours and services are subject to change, please check with the location/agency to confirm.