Our Daily Bread is seeking an Executive Director.
Our Daily Bread (ODB), a soup kitchen in Denton for 15 years, serving an average of over 200 meals each day has an immediate opening for an executive director for its downtown Denton location. In this fast-paced environment you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations in accordance with the policies and procedures set forth by the Board of Directors. This position ensures that ODB is in compliance with the Denton County and the City of Denton Health Department regulations, and federal nonprofit and tax exempt status. You will also manage a team of part-time employees and manage relationships with clients, volunteers, donors, vendors, and visitors.
• Hiring, training and supervising all staff employed by ODB including a chef, executive administrator and other part-time employees.
• Maintain all required documentation to support ODB’s operations and ensure all necessary fillings are prepared
• Support good relationships with clients, volunteers, member churches, businesses, and community organizations
• Prepare monthly financial statements and work with the Financial Committee in preparing a yearly budget.
• Identify and seek grants and corporate donations and research and make application to new sources of funding with the aid of the Development Committee.
• Represent the program and its mission to agencies, organizations and the general public to gain support and financial backing.
• Make recommendations to the board for policy and/or programming changes and keep the BOD notified of any issues or problems
• Serve as ex-officio member of all Board Director standing committees and Ad Hoc committees appointed by the Board president.
• Carry out Board and governmental policies regarding health standards.
• Coordinate with custodians and church facility manager to maintain the premises.
• Responsible for reporting health and safety issues.
Degree in Business, Social work or equivalent
At least 5 years solid managerial experience in a non-profit environment preferred
Outstanding communication and organizational skills
Knowledge and experience with compliance and government funding streams, management supervision, financials, budgeting and planning also required.
Maintain a working relationship with individual Board Members, clients, volunteers, visitors, staff and host church employees
Must be able to multi-task and work in a “fast-paced” environment
Must be very familiar with fund raising and grant writing
Send your resume to: email@example.com by Friday, June 12.