At the August 6, 2014 Denton County Homeless Coalition, representatives from THN and UNT offered presentations and information about fund raising opportunities in Denton County.
Powerpoint Presentation from Eric Samuels Texas Homeless Network (THN)
UNT Presentation Information from Diane Wahl, University Libraries University of North Texas:
Link to the web site presented at the meeting: http://guides.library.unt.edu/grants.
Points to remember:
- The Foundation Directory Online Professional is the database I demonstrated. It is located on the Foundation Center Funding Databases tab.
- It’s only available for use in the Eagle Commons Library (ECL) on the UNT campus.
- The Training tab has links to training in the areas of grants and nonprofit management. Most of the training on the Foundation Center sites is online and free.
- At the bottom of the introductory page you will find a map and information about parking.
If you want help finding available grants, please contact Diane Wahl at 940-891-6897. If Diane is not available, call the Eagle Commons Library at 940-565-2194 and tell them you are calling about Funding Information Network services. You’ll be able to make an appointment to come in for one on one assistance.
The current Eagle Commons Library hours are 9 am to 8 pm Monday through Thursday and 9 am to 6 pm on Friday. The ECL is currently closed on weekends. Starting Sunday, August 24, the day before the fall semester starts, the hours will be as follows:
- Monday – Thursday: 9 am – midnight
- Friday – Saturday: 9 am – 6 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm – 10 pm
Diane is looking forward to working with each of you to improve the lives of the homeless in Denton County.
University of North Texas